Monday, June 1, 2009

Treacherous


I regret painting this piece on palette paper. I had just finished a canvas painting when I noticed that the colors I had spread on my wax paper palette were really pleasant and they began to form an image in my head. I borrowed the midsection of the figure from an old Victorian woodcut and the rest I cooked up as a pandemonious party raged around me. When I was done with the piece I sprayed it with a heavy varnish and pinned it to the prize wall.
Somehow it became stacked with a few other paintings in another bedroom of my house and the summer heat melted layers of varnish on the palette paper to the back of some old cardboard art. Seperating the two resulted in the destruction of this poor piece... the one I always called "Treacherous".

No comments:

Post a Comment