Sunday, February 8, 2009

Desol8shun



My car is still comatose, so I got my motorcycle tuned up. This next week is supposed to be unseasonably warm, so I could not in good conscience leave my Black Betty locked in a garage... It was a nice cruise from Mud Island back to Midtown, with my visor lifted the entire ride, so I could feel the wind in my eyes. The only other sensation I can compare the ratrod to would be skydiving, which is fun, but the wind against your face as you plummet to the Earth at 200 mph is not exactly comfortable.... to me, at least. But it's speed, and then when you're back on your feet, that feeling of having cheated the grim Reaper. Motorcycling is a fraction of that, but with the luxury of relaxing.

But even if the Reaper were on my tail, I'm pretty confident that my Betty could outrun him.

No comments:

Post a Comment