Monday, March 16, 2009

The Illustrated Man




... It's been said that Zack Snyder (director of Watchmen) will be remaking my favorite film from my favorite book, "The Illustrated Man". I applaud anyone attempting to film a Ray Bradbury story in the age of digital effects.

If you haven't seen the film, I highly suggest you watch it on youtube and then go purchase the novel. As far as I know it hasn't been released on DVD and I paid quite a hefty sum for a beat up VHS tape.

In the film, a runaway meets a cantankerous vagrant whose entire body was tattooed by a mysterious woman from another time. To the unwary viewer, his skin illustrations tell vivid tales from eras yet to come... Rod Steiger and Claire Bloom portray all of the main roles in the film and do an excellent job of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment