Friday, March 6, 2009

NO REGRETS!


and no remorse...

Tomorrow I'm starting a full backpiece of the 1960's Batman tv show... and then a monkey with a ghost girl opening Pandora's box. Sunday, I'm taking it easy, slowing it down and getting a few of these sleeves drawn up... and then Sunday night, I'm catching Watchmen at the Paradiso. That one comic warped my mind worse than any other as a teenager. Completely destroyed the heroic ideal for me, and introduced me to the concept of the depressive narrative. It was an early taste of realism, and believe me that for ten years after, I was frightened for the future.

Sometimes, I wish I could travel back and meet myself as a teenager and explain how truly great everything turns out. But would I stop myself from letting Rocky tattoo that shitty Pearl Jam stickman on my arm? ... maybe in the past.
but now?...

NO REGRETS, homie!

No comments:

Post a Comment